Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Jalapeno Bacon Wrapped Pork Loin


Experimenting time in the kitchen!  A few weeks ago, while judging a BBQ competition, we strolled around some of the vendors set up outside.  I made a purchase from Pitmaster BBQ Supply  who had a variety of products including seasonings from Your Behind BBQ.  As soon as I spied the Green Chile Bacon Rub, I asked for a sample taste.  As soon as I had my sample taste, I knew exactly what I would cook as my first recipe with this great seasoning.  Now if you taste this by itself, you might think it's too spicy and not for you.  But you have to think beyond that and imagine it sprinkled on pork or chicken or beef or veggies...you get the idea.   


For our dinner tonight, I decided a pork loin roast, seasoned with the Green Chile Bacon Rub would be a great place to start.  But look at the base of this seasoning:  green peppers and bacon....



Let's make a delicious meal!  Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non stick spray and place a baking rack directly on the baking sheet.

My pork loin was about 2.25 lbs.  The seasoning was sprinkled on all sides of the pork loin and gently pressed into the pork so it adhered well.


I then removed the stem ends from four medium sized jalapenos and removed the seeds and membranes which I then thinly sliced lengthwise and arranged on top of the pork loin.


Now the crowning glory!  Bacon!! I took four strips of bacon and covered the peppers, tucking the ends of the bacon underneath the pork loin.  Of course, the bacon needed another dusting of that seasoning rub!


Now into the oven for about an hour and a half until the internal temperature of the pork reached 145 degrees F.  If the bacon begins to brown too much, cover with a sheet of foil.


Isn't this beautiful?  The bacon browned beautifully with a nice crunch and the bacon drippings seasoned the peppers and the pork!



I served it with roasted yellow squash and asparagus drizzled with olive oil and with a light sprinkling of Hardin's Seasoning.



Keep a close watch on the blog and/or Facebook.  There will be more recipes for this great product.

1 comment: