Sunday, December 31, 2023

Dining Out Republic of Ireland: O'Neill's, Cashel, Ireland


 

Today we traveled to Cashel to visit the castle there.  We decided to have our Sunday, New Year's Eve's late lunch at O'Neill's.  What a cozy and unique spot this is!  Very few tables in the dining area and everyone seemed to know everyone else.

There was even a small fire going in the grate!


Our server mentioned the menu board to us and we all ordered from there.


I chose the Roast Beef Dinner which was served with mashed potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and Brussels sprouts.


Today was cold and windy and this was an ideal comfort food meal.  Doesn't that look yummy?

Nathan had the lamb shank dinner which included a large portion of lamb (which he said is the best he's had in Ireland!) with the same veggies.


Sweet Harold had the bangers (sausages) and mash with the same veggies.  He cleaned his plate!  The bite I had of a sausage was delicious.  Yes, I realize now I should have turned his plate to showcase the sausages instead of the veggies.  Sorry about that.


Emily ordered the Beef Lasagna.  Of course, fries came with the lasagna!  We're in Ireland.  She enjoyed her meal as well.


This time, I got a picture of Grandson #2's cheeseburger and fries, but the picture of Grandson #1's lunch didn't take.  In my defense, I handed my phone to his dad to take the picture.


This was a large burger and he ate almost all of it so I take that as a ringing endorsement.

I just loved this restaurant.




I can certainly understand their busy lunch service today.


No comments:

Post a Comment