Monday, June 24, 2024

Grilled Chicken Thighs with Original Southern BBQ Company Sauce

 


Y'all know by now I am a sucker to try new BBQ sauces especially those made by local individuals or businesses who want to get their product out to the public!

We traveled to nearby Collinsville to purchase vegetables and other goodies at the Trade Day that's held every Saturday.  We came across the display of Original Southern BBQ Company sauces and seasoning blends.  The FB business page is Southern BBQ Sauce.  The founder of the business was so nice and welcoming and I'd like to help him grow his online following.  


We were offered a taste of the regular flavor along with the spicy version of the sauces.

I really liked the flavor profile on the regular sauce, but the spicy version won me over!


There was the immediate tangy vinegar flavor and then a touch of spice, then a tad of umami that brought everything together.  I couldn't wait to get home and get some chicken thighs on the grill!

I seasoned them with Hardin's Poultry Seasoning and let the chicken thighs rest for a few minutes while the grill preheated.

When the grill was nice and hot I placed the chicken thighs skin side down on the grill grates.  These were bone-in thighs which have more flavor and cook up juicier than boneless.  I lowered the heat to medium and let the chicken cook for 15 minutes or so and then flipped them.  I continued cooking the chicken, moving them around to cook evenly on the grill, until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees F.


At this point I began to apply the sauce in a thin layer.  After a few minutes, I flipped them and applied a layer of sauce on the second side.  I continued saucing and flipping until the internal temperature reached 175 degrees F.  

These chicken thighs were amazing!  Please following this business on FB.  



 






3 comments:

  1. my new virus protector is messing me up, I like trying new products from small companies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. still me, don't know what has changed with my commenting - but this seems to work better - I like to support small companies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to approve commenting on the blog due to some people who don't play nice!

      Delete