Sunday, August 4, 2024

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Paris Olympics 2024

 


In honor of the 2024 Paris Olympics, I brought out my favorite set of dinnerware.  I purchased this set of gorgeous deep green plates, bowls, and mugs from Dillard's several years ago.  I love the embossed fleur de lis pattern on them.


The pattern is so elegant!


The glassware was made in France and is very heavy.


These pitchers were purchased at a French themed shop on Royal Street in New Orleans probably 20 years ago.  They are among some of my most treasured pieces.


This little 5 inch Eiffel tower was found in a back room of a junk/antique shop years and years ago.  It's normally in my garden window in the kitchen, but it's perfect for this sideboard.


This decorative plate was purchased in the same shop as the pitchers.


I have a soft spot for all sorts of pitchers.....how could I resist this one?


It was during the Renaissance that the rooster was associated with the "new" nation of France.  Isn't this an impressive specimen?


I love all the colors of this sideboard and I hope y'all are enjoying watching all the amazing athletes at the Olympics as I am!



2 comments: