Friday, September 13, 2024

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Sunflower Fields Forever

 



Fall is finally arriving slowly and surely here in North Alabama.  I love sunflowers.  When I found these beautiful sunflower salad plates at Hobby Lobby, I knew this was going to be the next sideboard theme.

The colors shout FALL and are an excellent match with the Fiestaware Slate plates.


Paired with Fiestaware Sunflower salt and pepper shakers, this Scarecrow Couple are adorable.

As always, I mix and match styles and colors with vintage and new pieces and keep moving things around until I say, "just right."

We'll start with this vintage McCoy cookie jar with Mr. and Mrs. Owl.  These were produced in the 1950s and on the back of the cookie jar are the words "When Shadows Fall."  A friend gave this one to me a few years ago and it always makes me smile.


This little Scarecrow Boy and Girl have been decorating my house during Fall for years.  I don't remember where I purchased them.


Alewine Pottery is located in Gatlinburg, Tennessee and their trademark leaf motif is gorgeous on their handmade pottery pieces.  I use this large mixing bowl often.  When not in active use, it stores all my measuring spoons.


Didn't almost every family in America have a set of these glasses during the 1970's?


This nice friendly little Woodland Family was found at Hobby Lobby.




This vintage Fiestaware mixing bowl was my mother's as was the kitchen towel and the wooden spoon.  They deserved a space on this sideboard.



Hobby Lobby also had a spoon rest to match the salad plates.


This beautiful antique crock was my maternal great grandmother's.  Can you believe it's lasted over 100 years with no chips or cracks?  I filled it with sunflowers from Dollar Tree.  The realization that my maternal great grandmother's crock is gracing my paternal great grandmother's sideboard is overwhelming when I take time to ponder that fact.


These two unique pitchers are, of course, a product of Alewine Pottery, too!



I had to include two of my Fiestaware disc pitchers as well.



This antique embossed acorn pitcher was purchased on the World's Longest Yard Sale somewhere in Tennessee many years ago.  It always makes a scheduled appearance during the Fall.


I hope this sideboard brings you some Fall joy and inspires you to bring some of the gorgeous vibrant colors of the season indoors.



2 comments: