Friday, September 11, 2026

Sloppy Joe Potato Pile-Up


I continue to experiment with ingredients with zero Weight Watcher points while striving to get delicious flavors and food that doesn't seem like deprivation.

On the WW plan that I am on presently, potatoes have zero points which helps tremendously when you only have 23 points on any given day!  Weigh Zero Points against Four Points for a regular burger bun.  See?  You have to be creative.  

So I decided that I wanted Sloppy Joes, but didn't want to use any more points than I needed to.  Sloppy Joe Potato Pile-Ups was the result!  A delicious result as well.

Here's what I started the process with:

1 lb. 93/7 ground beef
2 cloves of garlic
1 can Manwich
5 medium-ish potatoes
Reduced Fat Mexican Blend Cheese
Finely Chopped Onions
Fresh AND pickled jalapenos (I prefer fresh; Sweet Harold loves the pickled variety)


I peeled and diced the potatoes and lightly sprayed with olive oil spray.  Then I seasoned them well with Hardin's Seasoning.


I placed them in the air fryer on 425℉ for about 10 minutes, then flipped them around with a metal spatula and put them back in for about another 6-7 minutes.  You want them golden brown and crispy!


While the potatoes were cooking, I prepared the beef.  In a large skillet over medium high heat, I browned the beef, breaking it up as it cooked.  Halfway through I added the chopped garlic cloves and let the meet finishing browning.

Then I added the Manwich, lowered the heat to low and let it simmer while the potatoes finished cooking.

Now the fun of "piling up!"

This is a salad sized plate, y'all.  I didn't fill up a big dinner plate.

I had about two cups of the diced potatoes.


Then I spooned over a couple spoonfulls of the Sloppy Joe mixture.


Next about 2 Tablespoons of the reduced fat cheese.


A little onion and a few slices of jalapenos.


And just a tad of sour cream to finish it off!


Of course, if you wanted to add red onion or guacamole or whatever topping you like, please do!

Our verdict?  YUM!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment