Friday, September 3, 2010

Capt. Anderson's

We saved the grand-daddy of them all for our last night.  Capt. Anderson's has been a Panama City institution since 1967.  It's owned by the Greek Patronis Family and it's managed by four of the "younger generation" today.  It's been a rule for the last 40 years that at least one member of the Patronis Family is in the restaurant each night during dinner service.  There are members of the staff who have worked for the restaurant since 1953 when it was originally called the Seven Seas Restaurant and located in downtown Panama City.

We started with a nice bread selection and Seafood Gumbo for me and she-crab soup for Sweet Harold.




The gumbo was slightly spicy and full of fish and shrimp.  She-crab soup, while delicious, didn't quite reach the same high mark as Firefly's version.

Salads were very large portions and served in nicely chilled bowls with ample dressing.  We dove in to those without pictures.

SH finally had his opportunity for stuffed flounder and was extremely glad he did.  A huge, beautiful fish with yummy crab stuffing.  

Here's the menu description:  Dressed flounder (not boneless), generously filled with homemade crab meat stuffing


Let's recap:  I've had oysters (many ways), shrimp, grouper and crab.  I wanted to try something completely different and this menu item caught my attention:  She crab pie.

Here's the menu description:  Catch of the day and Blue Crab Meat baked in a Pastry Puff and served with She Crab Sauce

Okay.....it's so much more than that.  The catch of the day is mixed with the blue crab meat with cream cheese

Now if you're been reading along with me this week you realize that I have completely ignored the entire concept of calories, fat grams and what have you.  I've made cardiologists all over the Southeast shudder and break out into a sweat and they don't know why.  So, considering that the fasting will begin soon, I threw caution to the wind and ordered before I could change my mind.
 
 
If you're ever at Capt. Anderson's order this.  You will love me forever.  You will. 

Thanks for going on our beach adventure with us and I hope you've had fun!  I'm not planning on getting on the scales for the next few days until I do some fasting and walking on that walking trail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment