Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Creole Mustard Slaw


Another recipe from TyFlo which I changed up a little.  I'm very picky about my slaw.  I prefer the shredded version as opposed to the minced up cabbage version.  I used a bag of ready made slaw with cabbage to shorten prep time. Next time I'd up the mustard a tad more, because as you know, blog readers, I adore mustard!

Here's my version:

1 bag slaw mix with carrots
1 red onion, thinly sliced
2 green onions, chopped
1 jalapeno, minced
11/2 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup Creole Mustard
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced
Pinch sugar
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Several dashes hot sauce
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.

Combine the slaw mix, red onion, green onions and jalapeno in a large bowl.

In another bowl, mix the mayo, mustard, vinegar, lemon juice and sugar.  Stir well.  Pour the dressing over the slaw mixture and toss gently to mix.  Season the slaw with celery salt, hot sauce, salt and pepper.  Chill for two hours.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment