Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Italian Style Stuffed Pork Chops


I found an awesome sale of super thick cut pork chops. I had been waiting patiently for the sale so I could attempt a new recipe I had in my mind. This recipe would be an excellent one to serve to company. I can't wait to cook it again!

4 thick cut pork chops (at least 2 inches)
1 cup Italian bread crumbs
1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
1/2 t. dried oregano
1/2 t. fennel seeds, crushed
1/2 t. dried basil
1/2 cup red or white wine
1/2 cup shredded parmesan
1 cup red or white wine

Carefully make a deep slit in the pork chops. Salt and pepper them and set aside.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix together bread crumbs, bell pepper, garlic, bacon, and herbs. Slowly add the 1/2 cup  wine to moisten the mixture and add shredded parmesan.

Divide the mixture into four parts and stuff into the pork chops. Place the chops in a 13 x 9 casserole dish and add the 1 cup  wine to the dish. Cover with foil and cook for 30 - 35 minutes. Remove foil and cook for an additional 5 - 10 minutes until chops are cooked through. 

1 comment:

  1. Some how, I just don't think mine would turn out as gorgeous as yours. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete