Thursday, November 14, 2013

Roasted Asparagus with Slivered Almonds


I know.  We all think of asparagus as a Spring time vegetable.  But I had a special request for roasted asparagus from my pregnant daughter in law, so what was I to do?
 
Am I the only one who hears Bugs Bunny saying As-Pa-Rag-Us every time you see this word?  I am?  Yes, you're probably right. 
 
3 pounds fresh asparagus
2 T. olive oil
3 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 t. salt
1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted (place almonds in a dry skillet over low heat; toss occasionally; when you smell them, they're done!)
 
Snap off and discard tough ends of asparagus.  Place asparagus on a lightly greased baking sheet.  Drizzle evenly with olive oil; sprinkle evenly with garlic, salt and pepper.
 
Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or so until desired doneness.  Transfer asparagus to a serving dish and sprinkle with the toasted almonds.


From Southern Living March 2005

No comments:

Post a Comment