Thursday, December 26, 2013

Lolly's Spinach & Vegetable Dip


I know on the surface it seems like spinach dip is retro or vintage or whatever term you want to use.  But I can't help myself.  During the holiday season, I MUST make spinach dip.  I added a couple of little extras to the recipe given on the back of the Knorr Vegetable Soup/Dip packet and I really have to pace myself.  I literally could eat this until I was sick.  Probably TMI, but there ya go.

1 box (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
16 oz. sour cream
1 cup mayonnaise
1 package Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
3 green onions, thinly sliced (white and a lot of the green!)
A few drops of your favorite hot sauce
A few grinds of black pepper
¼ t. minced garlic

Combine all ingredients and chill about 2 hours. Serve with your favorite crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment