Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Cafe Pontalba

Every time we visit New Orleans, I do everything in my power to have a meal or at least a snack at Cafe Pontalba located right on Jackson Square at 546 St. Peter Street.  This is THE perfect spot for people watching and to hear some great live music.

This trip we stopped in for one of those quick "grab a snack" visits.

We started with nice peppery, spicy Bloody Marys.  



And each had a cup of shrimp and okra gumbo.  The roux made this batch especially velvety feeling in your mouth.  It was delicious.


And then shared Cajun Popcorn Shrimp.  Why?  Because Sweet Harold LOVES popcorn shrimp and these are great little pop in your mouth treats.  Served with remolaude, tartar and cocktail sauce.


And just because.......we shared a white chocolate bread pudding.  Oh yeah......Yes.  Uh-huh.  It was as good as it looks in this picture.


I know you can read reviews and people will say it's a tourist trap and to stay away.  But my question to them is this:  "If the food is delicious, the service is fast and friendly and the location is great, who cares if people call it a tourist trap?"  I eat what I like.  And I love Cafe Pontalba.  

No comments:

Post a Comment