Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Cowboy Burger


It was past time for me to come up with a new burger for us to try! I posted a version of my maternal grandmother's burger awhile back, the one with the grated potato? Remember? I hope you remember it and I really hope you've made them. You've missed a treat if you haven't.

I decided I'd use the grated potato as a jumping off point to make a cowboy version burger. I thought of cowboys around a campfire with beans.....do you see where I'm going here?  

1 1/2 pounds lean ground chuck
1/4 finely chopped yellow onion
1 jalapeno, stemmed, seeded and finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/3 cup finely grated potato
1 t. chili powder
1 t. salt
1/4 t. ground annatto

1 can Ranch style beans, placed in a small sauce pan and warmed
Grated sharp Cheddar cheese
Your favorite roll or bun, toasted
Place all ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Lightly mix ingredients together and shape into patties. Too much mixing will result in a tough burger. 


In a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Add a little salt to the skillet and place a few patties at a time. Don't crowd the skillet.


Cook until desired doneness. If burgers begin to stick, add a little olive oil to the skillet.

Place on toasted rolls or buns. Spoon beans on top of burgers and top with cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment