Monday, November 10, 2014

After the Hunt: Pheasants ~~ Here's the menu photos!

I couldn't wait to share our menu photos from last night.  I will make individual recipe and picture blog posts for each item, but I wanted you to be able to see the entire menu at one time instead of a bit here and there.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and will check back to get the recipes and try some of these yourself. 

We started with stuffed eggs topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.


Next we continued with Creamy Split Pea Soup topped with Sherry and served with Cracklin Cornbread Mini-Muffins.



Now on the main course.  I roasted two pheasants and then brushed them with a glaze of honey, lemon juice and bourbon.  I served these over wild rice mixed with toasted pecans.  Oven roasted vegetables rounded out the main course.


 

And how about some of those beets that I pickled and canned from the garden this summer as a side dish?



And for dessert:  Easy Pumpkin Pie and a Dutch Sorghum Cake.



So what do you think?  Give me some feedback!  Feedback......I crack me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment