Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Lolly Meets Rick Bragg


This is the beginning teaser post.  I will come back tomorrow and give more details, but tonight I was honored to meet Rick Bragg, a Pulitzer prize winning author from Alabama who grew up very near my hometown.  He's also the recipient of the 2011 James Beard Journalism Award for Food, Culture, and Travel.

We discussed my ongoing trials and tribulations of attempting to fry chicken in a cast iron skillet.  He gave me some tips I'll share.  His mama always told him to fry it hot and get it browned and then lower the heat and just let it cook.  Well, as we all know, Lolly tries that, but with not so great results sometime.  I wish his mama would take it upon herself to teach me.


If you unfortunately never read any of Mr. Bragg's works, please add some of his works to your Birthday/Christmas/Holiday wish list.  In Lolly's opinion (and many, many others) he is the greatest Southern Storyteller of our time.

His latest book Jerry Lee Lewis: His Story is on sale now.  I was fortunate enough to have Mr. Bragg autograph six of  his works for me last night.  What a most wonderful evening!






No comments:

Post a Comment