Saturday, March 14, 2015

St. Patrick's Day 2015 - Irish Pub Meal


This year for St. Patrick's Day celebrating, I decided to replicate an Irish Pub Meal.  Granted, I've never been inside an Irish Pub, but that didn't stop me from trying.  A trip to Barnes and Noble for a few Irish Pub Cookbooks, a hour or two searching pictures on Google and here's my resulting menu and table setting.  



Nothing girly or fussy about this table, other than the flowers!  I hope you like my interpretation.

 
Irish Pub Party Menu:
Starters:
Irish Rarebit
Smoked Salmon, Dill & Horseradish Tartlets

Soup:
Skink Soup

Main Course:
Pub Style Fish & Chips (with Irish Ketchup, Mustard and Malt Vinegar)
Crispy Cabbage with Whole Grain Mustard Dressing
Pickled Beets


Dessert:
Irish Cream Chocolate Cheesecake

Beverages:
Harp, Guinness, Smithwick and Killian Irish Red Beer
Irish Whiskey Shots
Irish Kiss





No comments:

Post a Comment