Sunday, May 24, 2015

Beginning of Summer!

We've been working hard the past few weeks to improve our backyard to add more areas for entertaining. Some beautiful flowers planted, a LOT of mulch spread about, weeding, trimming azaleas, adding some pretty accent pieces and we were ready for a small gathering tonight. There's still work to do, so maybe this party should be considered as a "soft opening."  :)  

I used my Bobby Flay Mediterranean serving pieces. I love the bright summery colors on these. I made my favorite pimento cheese. The recipe is found HERE.  I purchased Tuscan Herb Hummus and added mixed nuts and green grapes to the offerings. Wheat Thins, Club Crackers and Pasta Chips rounded out the menu.

Some people hesitate to entertain because they are afraid they can't cook, or they can't get everything together, or their house isn't "company ready." These photos prove that with a little bit of effort, you can host a gathering of your friends and have a lovely time relaxing, resting and recharging. 




No comments:

Post a Comment