Sunday, July 19, 2015

Boarding House Sunday Afternoon Dinner Table Setting


The best food time for me is right now!  The middle of the summer when garden vegetables are at their peak.  

I was thinking about all those women who ran boarding houses long ago and how much work (and hopefully a little fun) it was to have dinner on the table every night for all their boarders.  So here's the result of my daydreaming.  

Nothing too fancy for the table, but a little nicer than every day, because it IS Sunday Dinner.

The place settings were my mother in law's: Martha Stewart Every Day made in France.  They are EXACTLY what I had in mind.



The cobalt Fiestaware butter dish matches up nicely, don't you think?


I love these cobalt blue glass candlesticks.  And the S and P shakers were purchased in an antique store in Nitro, West Virginia!



No comments:

Post a Comment