Monday, April 11, 2016

Teriyaki Salmon served with Asian Chopped Salad


Monday....oh, Monday.This beautiful, healthy and delicious meal was ready start to finish in about a half hour. Yes, I took some short cuts, but it's MONDAY! I'll post pics of the shortcut ingredients I used and, trust me, they were perfect for this meal. 

Let's start with 1 lb. fresh salmon fillets


Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place salmon on the baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from oven.

This was my first time to use this Teriyaki Baste and Glaze. One word: DELICIOUS. Lightly brush salmon with the glaze and return to oven for another 10 minutes.


Remove from oven and lightly brush with one more coating of glaze and return to oven for 3 - 5 minutes until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Yes, they were perfectly cooked, glazed to perfection and SO, SO, GOOD!


I cooked rice while the salmon was baking and placed the fillets on a serving of the rice. Then I sprinkled with black sesame seeds and thinly sliced green onion. 

Here's the salad I served. This package included savoy cabbage, green cabbage, carrots, celery, green onions, and cilantro. Ready to place in a bowl and serve! It included a sesame ginger dressing with a package of crunchy wonton noodles and sliced toasted almonds.  It was a great accompaniment to the salmon.


No comments:

Post a Comment