Monday, August 29, 2016

Dining Out Gulf Coast: KrazyFish Grille, Port St. Joe, FL


We're vacationing at Mexico Beach, Florida this week. We took a quick road trip to Port St. Joe and it was time for FOOD! Anything with "crazy" in the name gets my attention. Our choice was made.

We chose to eat outside on the covered porch area. Andrea was our server and she was excellent in making suggestions and offering menu descriptions for us.

We started with a few drinks. Sweet Harold ordered a Jim Beam and Coke $6, and I had the House "Rita" Fresh lime juice + tequila + triple sec $6. The house rita was tart, refreshing, and perfectly salted.


Sweet Harold chose his stand-by, the Grouper Sandwich on a brioche bun served with slaw and fries. I'm not a fan of slaw ON sandwiches, but he is. He reports the slaw was crunchy and tart. And, as always, he's never met a piece of grouper he doesn't love.


I chose the crab cakes (appetizer portion) served with remoulade sauce. I don't know who was in charge of cooking the crab cakes that afternoon, but they have mastered the art. The crab cakes were full of crab with very little filler. These are beautiful, aren't they??



At Andrea's gentle urging, I ordered a side salad with Tupelo Honey vinaigrette. Excellent choice here was well.


The only (slight) criticism I would have is please ditch the tiny take out french fry serving baskets and use real plates. The paper lined tin plates would have been preferable on their own. In fact, I removed my food to those plates and ditched the paper baskets.  

Enjoyable atmosphere, attentive service, and good food.  Win/Win/Win.

No comments:

Post a Comment