Monday, August 20, 2018

Southwestern Jalapeno Shrimp Tacos


My friend of Elizabeth's Gourmet Creation has provided me with another excellent seasoning packet to experiment with and see what I can do!

This week I'm experimenting with the Southwestern Jalapeno Savory Dip Mix. For those of you looking for some serious heat, this would be the perfect choice for you.

I decided to mix shrimp with the seasoning packet and make tacos. You can dress these up or down. I went simple with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, and a little salsa. Of course, you can add as many toppings as you'd like.

1 lb. medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
2 T. peanut oil
2 T. lime juice
Flour or corn tortillas
Your favorite taco toppings

In a medium bowl, add shrimp and pour the seasoning mix over the shrimp. Toss to coat the shrimp entirely with the mix.

Heat peanut oil in a large castiron skillet over high heat. When the oil shimmers, add shrimp. 

Cooking, constantly stirring, for 4 - 5 minutes until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Remove from heat and pour in lime juice. Stir to combine.


Serve immediately with your choice of flour or corn tortillas and all your favorite toppings.


1 comment: