Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Wing Wednesdays: Roasted Garlic and Herb Baked Chicken Wings


For this week's Wing Wednesday, I searched in the pantry for a new flavor for us to try. And again, Elizabeth's Gourmet Creations solved the dilemma.  I had a package of Roasted Garlic and Herb Olive Oil Blend and instead of making a dipping oil for bread, I breaded the chicken wings instead.

The majority of the time, I bake my chicken wings instead of frying.  Not only is healthier, but it certainly is less messy!

2 lbs. chicken wings, separated and tips removed and discarded (or saved in the freezer for stock)
1 T. olive oil
salt and pepper
1 package Roasted Garlic and Herb Olive Oil Blend
1/3 cup self-rising flour

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a rimmed baking sheet with non-stick spray.

Place wings in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil.  Season with salt and pepper.  Toss to coat.

In a small bowl, mix together the Roasted Garlic and Herb Olive Oil Mix and flour.  Sprinkle half over wings and toss to coat.  Sprinkle remaining seasoned flour mixture and toss again.

Place wings in a single layer on baking sheet and place in oven. Cook for 45 - 60 minutes or until internal temperature of chicken is 165 degrees. F.  

Place under broiler for a few minutes to get a nice brown, crispy crust on the wings.  Watch carefully!  Don't let them burn.



2 comments:

  1. A good way to use something in the pantry. lol....we got on a jerky making kit a while back. Then I decided I didn't like the jerky as much as I use to. So, I've been using the jerking seasoning's as marinades the last few times we've grilled meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made jerky in years. I need to do that soon.

    ReplyDelete