Saturday, April 6, 2024

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Springtime Tulips


With the Easter bunnies packed away for another year, it's time to celebrate Spring!  I removed some of the other Fiestaware plates and accessory pieces and added different colors for this sideboard setting.  

The main color palate for this sideboard originated from this particular set of mixing bowls.


This set of four Fire King Tulip mixing bowls belonged to my mom.  I've admired them for years.  I knew the vibrant colors would coordinate perfectly with colors of Fiestaware.  

Here's a LINK which provides some great background information on this line of bowls which were originally made in the 1940s.

I went to my Fiesta stash and began searching to match up what I had available in whites, blues, greens, orange, yellow, and red.  



My daughter gifted me the egg cups for Easter this year.  



It's so much fun to play with all these gorgeous colors and variety of pieces.





I couldn't resist incorporating these two Morning Glory pitchers made by Anchor Hocking in the 1950s.  This one was my mom's.  She gave it to me years ago.


This one I found at a sidewalk sale in the French Quarter in New Orleans a year or so after Hurricane Katrina.


If you look closely, you'll notice a slight variation in the color pattern of the two pitchers.  They've both special to me for different reasons.  I had to let them have a moment to shine in this season's sideboard.


 

1 comment: