Thursday, April 11, 2024

Bear Creek Minestrone

 


The fun with Bear Creek Soup products continues!  Today I decided to enjoy their Minestrone variety.  Here's a picture of the product with my "add-ins."


You can certainly open the package and add it to 8 cups of boiling water, let it simmer for 15 minutes and have your meal.  But, as y'all know, I have to have my add ins!  I browned the Italian sausage in a skillet while the water came to a boil for the soup.  Because I'm adding in the crushed tomatoes (with basil), I only used 7 cups of water instead of 8.

Here's my method:

1)  Brown sausage in a skillet over medium high heat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
2)  Bring 7 cups of water to a boil in a soup pot or Dutch oven.
3)  When water boils, whisk in the soup mix and lower heat to a simmer.
4)  Add in 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes and stir to combine.
5)  When sausage is browned, add it to the soup pot.
6)  Let simmer 15 minutes, stirring frequently so it doesn't stick.

After 15 minutes, your minestrone will look like this!


Ladle into individual serving bowls and top with grated Parmesan if you'd like.


Some garlic bread served alongside would be a great addition to this comforting bowl of soup.

Our verdict?  Sweet Harold says THIS one is his favorite.  Full disclosure:  He says that about each new one we try!

I'll definitely keep this variety in the pantry for future meals.


No comments:

Post a Comment