Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Around Lolly's Table: Cockadoodledo!


Recently, while reorganizing all my dinnerware, glasses, crystal, Fiestaware, and serving pieces, I came across this fun set of plates and berry bowls.  I have a confession to make.  I have NO IDEA where I purchased these or when!  This is totally unlike me, but imagine my happy surprise when I unearthed these from a shelf.

I immediately had the idea for a table setting for a brunch.  I just love this table!

The pattern is Poppytrail by Metlox.  A quick check on Ebay showed many sets for sell with production dates from the 1950s to the 1980s.  There are a variety of matching serving pieces along with a canister set and a cookie jar!



Here's a picture of one of the place settings.


The rattan chargers paired with the wooden handled flatware.  The napkins, with their neutral colored checked pattern and wooden napkin rings, bring a rustic touch to the table.  

I've had the rooster/hen table runner for years.  The Hull pottery "hen on a nest" is the perfect centerpiece!


The four mugs, from JC Penney, are each a color in the rooster's tail!  



I

Of course, I think nearly every family had a set of these glasses.






No comments:

Post a Comment