Thursday, April 4, 2024

Easter 2024 Food!

 


I haven't been feeling my best the past few days, so I've neglected getting the pictures posted of my Easter table setting and the food!

We didn't have a house full of people as we normally do on Easter Sunday, but we enjoyed a simple meal with friends.  I scaled back my menu and this was just enough and we had some leftovers for both our family and theirs.


The star of the Easter table is always ham at our house.  This 3.5 lb. ham is a product of Kentucky Legend.  I unwrapped the ham, placed it in a shallow baking dish, added about 1/3 cup of water to the bottom of the baking dish, and covered it tightly with foil.  Then, into a 350 degree F. oven for an hour.  I then removed the ham from the oven, uncovered, and brushed on a mixture of 3 T. pineapple juice (from the can of pineapple rings) and 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.  If the ham you purchase is spiral cut, make sure you get some of the glaze down in between the slices.  Then I placed the pineapple rings all over the top and sides of the ham and brushed the pineapple rings with some of the glaze that had pooled in the bottom of the baking dish.  I recovered the ham and baked it another 15-18 minutes.  If you like a caramelized coating, remove the foil and place under the broiler for a few minutes.

Here's the recipe for the Potato Salad....you need to be a mustard lover for this one!  Mustardy Potato Salad



One of my all time favorite Spring/Summer salads is this easy Springtime Green Pea Salad 



Sweet Harold's favorite vegetable is carrots and what better time to grant his wish for this yummy side dish!  You can either use baby carrots or slice the carrot into rounds.



At my table, we definitely can't have "deviled" eggs on Easter!  So here is the recipe for my "He Is Risen" eggs.



Our dessert this year was one of our family's favorites.  Ina Garten's Carrot Cake.  The recipe calls for TWO 8-inch cake pans.  However, when I began filling mine, I realized that I needed a third pan.  The result was this gorgeous three layer cake.  Remember that the frosting has cream cheese, so you'll need to refrigerate the cake to be safe.



No comments:

Post a Comment