Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Big Swig Sparkling Water

I recently received an email from a representative of Big Swig Sparkling Water, which is based in Austin, Texas. The company very graciously sent me a sampling of their products to pair with different foods and to share the results with all of you.

Here's a blurb from their website: "Thirst-quenching bubbles balanced with fresh flavors means a deliciously crushable beverage for any time of day.  Our cans are bold, but our bubbles are refreshing, not overwhelming. They're perfect for soccer practice, conference calls or cup holders and everything in between.  And no sugar means you chug a Swig-ton.  A bubbly zip and burst of flavor bring Texas-sized refreshment."

We'll start out with Jalapeno Pineapple with a Caribbean Kick!  As soon as I opened the can, the pineapple aroma was present. The pairing of these two flavors is impressive. The heat from the jalapeno is subtle, and together with the sweetness of the pineapple, it's a perfect match.


I added a slice of pickled jalapeno and bit of pineapple on the rim of the glass for garnish.


I served this flavor with my Bacon and Cheddar Jalapeno Dip!


Next up is the Curiously Tasty Party Pickle, which is definitely Fun and Tangy. My love of dill pickles is well known. And yes, I have been known to drink dill pickle juice on occasion. Imagine my delight in realizing that Big Swig has a sparkling water flavor that will satisfy my dill pickle craving.  Look at all the bubbles!



What better party food to pair this flavor with than my Dill Pickle Dip.


I prepared a Taco Dinner with all the toppings and served the Chile Mango flavor. Even though I love the other flavors, this one I believe is my favorite. It's advertised as "zesty with a kick."  I could definitely taste the heat from the chiles which were brightened with the fruity mango flavor.  To follow through with the flavor profile, how about serving with some mango salsa with serrano chiles?



The Southeast has been sweltering under heat and humidity the past few weeks.  Watermelon with Mint is a light and fresh dessert to serve during the summer.  Big Swig is here for us again with their Watermelon and Mint Bright and Balanced sparkling water!  Doesn't that look refreshing?


And last but not least, we have Prickly Pear and Cucumber.

I chose to serve this taste test with Prickly Pear BBQ'ed Pork Chops and a cucumber and onion salad.  You can find Prickly Pear BBQ Sauce online or make your own with dozens of recipes that are available.  I know I've said it with each new flavor I tried, but this one really hit the spot! The words on the can don't lie; it really was Crisp and Clean!



At the present time, Big Swig is only available in stores in Texas.  However, if enough people request the products to be available online for purchasing, they'll consider offering that option.  If you're interested in having an online purchasing option, contact the company on their website by following this link!    https://bigswigwater.com/#contact.

My thoughts after trying all these great flavors?  If you are a fan of sparkling water, you'll be sure to find at least one of these you'll love.  Use your imagination and pair these with your favorite snacks or party foods.  Set up a tasting bar for your friends to try and have fun with Big Swig!

Many thanks to Big Swig for allowing me to taste test and share the results with all of you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like sparkling water, but the flavors sound phenomenal.

    ReplyDelete