Monday, October 7, 2019

Big Daddy Bomb BBQ Sauce


I recently was fortunate to meet Dwayne "Big Daddy" Thompson of Big Daddy Bomb BBQ Sauce at the Homestead Hollow Fall Festival in Springville, AL.  I was drawn toward their tent by the tantalizing aroma of smoked pork. When he offered me a sample taste garnished with his very own recipe of BBQ Sauce, y'all know I jumped at the chance.

Big Daddy evacuated New Orleans due to Katrina, and he and his family settled in Alabaster, AL.  At the urging of several people, he began to bottle for sale the BBQ sauce recipe he had been working on for years.  

Several bottles came home with us, and Sweet Harold manned the smoker this weekend with Boston Butts.  Perfect time to try this new sauce!

I usually am a vinegar-based sauce aficionado. This sauce is rich, flavorful, and THICK. Look at how that sauce is oh so happily staying right there ON the pork instead of running off all over the plate.  

Full of the usual BBQ sauce ingredients, but there were flavors I couldn't quite place. A check of the label shows pineapple, tamarind, and soy sauce as ingredients.  The result is a very unique sauce that would compliment a variety of proteins.

It's certainly thick enough to be perfect for ribs!


Look at that sauce!  I love the flavor AND consistency.  Follow the link above to order!


1 comment:

  1. I'm now thinking about stopping and picking up a pork butt. I'll have to find another sauce to use because I have not seen that one.

    ReplyDelete