Sunday, October 25, 2020

Around Lolly's Table: Jack-O-Lantern Table for the Kids - Halloween 2020

 

Setting the table for the grandkids is one of my absolute joys.  As always, I continue to add another new item or two each season and enjoy mixing and matching from prior years.

The tan tablecloth was a nice base color, to begin with on the table. Rattan charges mimicked the straw under the jack-o-lanterns on the plates.  Flatware with faux wood handles is lightweight for the kids. 

This year, I found these cute jack-o-lantern luncheon-sized plates at TJ Maxx. Instead of the normal black and orange color pairing, these plates used a deep navy blue as the accent color.  It was an easy match with my Fiestaware Cobalt plates. 


I've had the napkin rings for many years, and I chose deep blue napkins to bring all the colors together.


Now on to the Dollar Tree finds from years past!

Cute jack-o-lantern straw cups are fun and just the right size for kids to hold.


Friendly ghost salt and pepper shakers are a simple centerpiece.


I love these black pumpkins and square Jacks!


And last but not least, I used gold bug place card holders, which I found at Hobby Lobby.  I used cardstock, found a great clip art Jack-o-lantern, and added the grandchildren's names.  They felt so special with their individual place card! They liked them so much, they took them home to use as bookmarkers.


The "kids table" doesn't have to be boring in the corner of the room.  With a little time and effort, you can make the kids feel like an important part of the dining experience!



1 comment: