Sunday, January 29, 2023

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Soup's On!


The time between packing away the January snowmen scene from the sideboard and planning the Valentine season provided a gap.  I was tired of the winter theme, but wasn't ready for cupid to make an appearance.  

Since technically it's still winter, and I love to make and eat soup, I chose a Soup's On theme!  I had four of the mugs shown already.  An aunt and uncle had gifted to them us when we got married.  Those four mugs were the starting point.


A quick browse through my cookbook bookcases (seen to the left of the sideboard) provided a Campbell's Quick and Easy Cookbook!  I was off to the races at that point.

Of course, if you're not feeling well and need soup, a little hot tea is always welcome.  So the vintage yellow Fiestaware teapot deserved a spot!


It's always amazing to me that when I get an idea or a plan, I start finding all the perfect items I need to make it come to fruition.  We visited an antique mall in a nearby town and there were Campbell soup mugs everywhere!  Of course, they had to come home with me.





Aren't those little faces on the mugs adorable?  I love all the different designs.  As you will notice, Fiestaware plates in scarlet and sunflower are behind the soup mugs.  Those colors are so nice with the red and yellow of Campbell's logos.  I used the coordinating colored salt and pepper shakers.

We turned the corner on one of the aisles at the antique mall and found this adorable little crock.  I'd never seen one like it before.


My daughter gave me these lovely checkered napkins (in the coordianting colors) and the soup spoons are ready to be used!


Sweet Harold spied this vintage wooden crate that I had totally missed!  The lettering is still clear and it has a wonderful patina.  The date "64" is clearly marked on one of the end panels.



I hope you enjoyed the pictures and also the story on how everything came together so perfectly for the sideboard theme.  Now, let's go eat some soup!


3 comments: