Sunday, August 20, 2023

Dining Out Gulf Coast: Joe Mama's Wood Fired Kitchen, Port St. Joe, FL


We finally made it to our home base in Mexico Beach where we will spend the next 11 days!  We got settled in at the hotel and walked two miles on the beach and found some really cool shells and enjoyed the sun and the surf. It was a good thing I walked those two miles because I knew at some point during our stay we would enjoy a meal at Joe Mama's.  

Sweet Harold is choosing our meals for the first portion of our trip because my brain is about fried and I'm exhausted with decision making!  He made an excellent choice for our dinner tonight.  

I started with a Vodka Limoncello Collins:  Wheatley Craft Vodka, Limoncello, fresh squeezed lemon juice and San Pellegrino!  Oh my, this was the best cocktail I've had in a long time.  Y'all know me and my love of lemon.  Wow, this was great.  My favorite dining companion is pretty great, too.


For our starter, we chose the Wood Oven Roasted Olives with a selection of olives roasted with fresh rosemary, garlic, and lemon.


The char on the olives adds such a depth of flavor combined with the garlic and, of course, the addition of the lemon elevates the dish!

For our pizza, we enjoyed the BLT Pizza:  Basil oil sauce, Nueske's bacon, fresh sliced tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and arugula.  If this isn't the best pizza I've ever eaten, it's so far ahead of number 2 that it's not even funny.


Our server, Brianna, was amazing.  She was knowledgeable of the menu selections, helped us choose the perfect pie, brought marinara sauce in case we wanted to dip the crust, and was simply delightful.  I hope if we get to visit them again during our stay she will be there!

A great meal.  That sums it up well.

1 comment:

  1. Olives are one of my favorite snacks. Never heard of roasting them.

    ReplyDelete