Monday, December 18, 2023

Dining Out United Kingdom: Ramore, Portrush, Northern Ireland

 

After a day spent exploring the northeastern coast of Northern Ireland including being in awe of the Giant's Causeway, we were all starving and ready for a nice dinner.  Reservations had been made by Emily to dine at Ramore in Portrush, a lovely seaside village on the Causeway Coast.  

I began my dining experience with a Christmas Cosmopolitan:  cranberry juice, vodka, cointreau, and fresh lime juice.



It was delightful.  So much so, that I ordered another one.

Wee Grandson #1 ordered the pasta carbonara.  He inhaled every single bite.


Wee Grandson #2 ordered the cheeseburger with skinny fries.  I almost missed getting a photo as he was ready to devour his as well.


Emily and I both ordered the Royal Fish Pie from the Christmas Menu.  She had bragged on this dish a time or two, so I knew I had to experience it as well.  Here's the menu description:  Salmon, Portavogie prawns, cod, turbot, smoked haddock, lobster and prawns and topped with mashed potatoes and served with thermidor sauce.


I cannot accurately describe the deliciousness of this meal.  You could taste each individual choice of the seafood.  The potatoes were perfectly seasoned and creamy and lightly browned.  But the sauce.....y'all.  I will be dreaming of this rich creamy thermidor sauce.  


This fish pie was LOADED with seafood.  I only ate half my portion. 

Nathan ordered the Seafood Thermidor: Monkfish, scampi, prawns, cod, salmon served over mash with asparagus and the same luxurious thermidor sauce. 


Another excellent choice for dinner.  

Sweet Harold has become obsessed with fish and chips and mushy peas.  I knew he would be.  lol  He's loving comparing the different varieties and this one received a thumbs up.


Look at the size of that piece of cod!  The mushy peas were nicely prepared as well.

We were each given a Christmas cracker to pop open as well.  Nice little prizes were in each of them.


The staff generously gifted Sweet Harold a birthday dessert even though it was a few days past his special day.



There were all sorts of desserts passed around, but I neglected to get the proper names of them.  Yummy nonetheless.



A wonderful evening and meal with our Northern Ireland family!

There was even a Meringue Christmas Tree!





1 comment: