Sunday, January 7, 2024

Dining Out Republic of Ireland: Gourmet House, Dungarvan, Ireland

 


We walked the few blocks from our Airbnb to the downtown square of Dungarvan in search for our breakfast spot.  We spied the Gourmet House and, a few minutes later, we were being warmly welcomed by Sharon who was the soul of patience and hospitality.

The interior is warm and welcoming.  Who wouldn't want to eat breakfast here?



Here's the breakfast and brunch menus!



While the others ordered their coffees, I sat back and enjoyed my hot Irish breakfast tea with milk.


I really wanted that tea pot!  

I'll begin with my choice.  As y'all know, I'm not a big sweet food in the morning person.  I'll have an occasional waffle or sweet roll now and then, but I'll usually choose a savory breakfast over a sweet one.  I spied sourdough toast and rashers on the menu and my decision was made.  Rashers = bacon.


Nathan ordered the Eggs Benny with rashers on sourdough toast.  Doesn't this look like an appetizing breakfast?


Emily had the Brioche French Toast with rashers and maple syrup.  Looks good enough to eat, doesn't it?


The grandsons ordered Nutella crepes, but I didn't get a picture of those.  However, I did snap a quick pic of the result of Grandson #2 enjoying his breakfast.


Sweet Harold ventured out and tried something new.  A "blaa" breakfast sandwich of sorts.  Blaas are square in shape, softer and doughier, and are identified by the white flour shake over them before being baked.   His version had eggs, rashers, and sausages. It was served with their house made relish (delicious, btw) and coleslaw.  Now, he reminded me as much as he loves coleslaw, he's never had it for breakfast.  This meal changed his mind on that subject.  The sandwich was filling and everything worked well together.  He was happy with his decision to try something different.


If you wanted to just drop in and get a cup of coffee and a nibble as a take away, they have you covered there as well.

Look at this yummy offerings!




There's even a small pitcher of milk on the counter if you desire some for your coffee or tea to go.


When I spied this piece of pottery being used as a door stop, not going to lie, for a split second I wondered how I could get that in my suitcase for the trip home.




We had a wonderful breakfast and thanks again to Sharon for her welcoming start to our day.

No comments:

Post a Comment