Thursday, March 21, 2024

Bear Creek Chicken Tortilla Soup


Yes, I'm trying ANOTHER Bear Creek product.  This time it's Chicken Tortilla!  

Of course, I followed their suggestion on the back of the package to "soup it up" a bit.  Did you see what I did there?  lol


Here's what I did!

1 T. vegetable oil
1 1/2 lbs. boneless/skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 pkg. Bear Creek Chicken Tortilla Soup Mix
8 cups water
3 cups diced zucchini
1 (14.5 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I used the chili ready version)
1 (6 oz.) can diced green chiles

Heat the vegetable oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and cook until it begins to brown, stirring frequently.

Stir in the soup mix and water and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat to a simmer and add in the zucchini, diced tomatoes and chiles.

Let simmer for 10 - 12 minutes, stirring frequently.  Ladle into serving bowls and top with either sour cream and/or strips of tortillas.  

I served with "Hint of Lime" tortilla chips.  

We will definitely have this one again.  I continue to be impressed with the quality of these soup mixes.



No comments:

Post a Comment