Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Oven Baked Corned Beef with Mustard Glaze

 


I've cooked corned beef in the crock pot, the stovetop, and also the Instant Pot.  But this year, I had this recipe from The Tipsy Housewife come across my social media feed.  Knowing my love of mustard, I decided this was a recipe I wanted to try.

Click HERE for her recipe.  

I changed things up slightly to cook my veggies during the second half of the baking time.

When the corned beef has reached the halfway point of cooking, remove baking dish from the oven and carefully transfer the corned beef directly to the baking dish without the foil allowing the juices that have cooked out to be in the dish with the corned beef.

I peeled three medium carrots and sliced them lengthwise into 3-inch sections.  If you want to slice those lengths in half lengthwise, (because sometimes carrots are huge), feel free to do that.  I also had 5 small potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces and one medium head of cabbage, cored and cut into wedges.  Add all the veggies into the baking dish, spooning some of the liquid up and around to lightly coat them.  
 
Proceed with the recipe as directed and bake until the veggies are cooked through and the corned beef has reached an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.

Remove from oven and make sure to slice AGAINST THE GRAIN for maximum tenderness of the corned beef.  Arrange on a serving platter and spoon the veggies around the corned beef.  I served with whole grain mustard and creamy horseradish as accompaniments.  

This recipe is super easy and the corned beef was amazingly tender and delicious.




2 comments: