Sunday, June 23, 2024

Around Lolly's Sideboard: Summer Vegetables


Summertime vegetables are the best!  My childhood summers were filled with hours upon hours of helping in the garden and "putting up" the vegetables that my grandmother and father raised.  

This sideboard is a mixed bag assortment of my favorite vegetable themed serving pieces along with some vegetable cookbooks!


As always, Fiestaware is a great place to begin when decorating for friends and family. I have had the small vegetable appetizer plates for years, but this is the first time I paired them with their corresponding Fiestaware colored plates along with the salt and pepper shakers! I love them together.






This soup tureen has been around for family dinners for years.  


Williams Sonoma came through for me with a few selections from my cookbook selection.


These vintage celery salt and pepper shakers were my mom's.  I think they're adorable.


How about these Majolica corn pieces?  The pitcher is perfect for my collection and I adore the cookie jar.


The celery pitcher was made in Italy.  It has a very distinctive shape.  The individual corn on the cob serving pieces are neat.


These vintage corn salt and pepper shakers still have the original cork stoppers.  They are another treasure from my mom.


This lovely tomato platter was purchased from Kohl's.  It's a lovely piece to use to serve those vine ripened tomatoes or a lovely caprese salad.


I found this vintage tomato juice pitcher and glasses packed away at my mom's house as well.  I don't remember her every using it because she didn't like tomato juice although my dad did.  lol  


This is one of my favorite cookbooks to use during the summer when produce is at its finest.


And a Lolly Sideboard featuring vegetables would not be complete without some canning jars!  I displayed a variety of brands because my family always used whatever empty canning jar they could find!



I know I say this a lot, but this MAY be my favorite sideboard so far!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome. You must have a whole storage room with nothing but dishes and glassware for your sideboard. Love it.

    ReplyDelete