Sunday, June 23, 2024

Smashed Parmesan Potatoes


The method of preparing these little morsels of yumminess has been around for a while.  While visiting a nearby Farmers' Market Saturday, I spied one of my favorite parts of Summer:  new potatoes!


Normally, I would boil the potatoes for about 10 minutes until fork tender, drain, and then serve them with butter and lots of salt and black pepper.

But for a little change of pace, I took things a little bit further.  I washed the potatoes, boiled them until fork tender, and drained.

At that point, I preheated the broiler and sprayed a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil spray.

I then placed the potatoes on the tray and found my heaviest drinking glass.  A canning jar would work just fine as well.  The potatoes should be cooked enough that will a little bit of pressure you can place the glass on the potato and push down onto the potato until you have a nice smashed appearance.  You don't want them falling apart smashed, just enough to be flattened!

I then drizzled the potatoes with olive oil and sprinkled on a generous helping of Kinder's Buttery Steakhouse Seasoning and grated Parmesan cheese.

Place the baking sheet under the broiler until the potatoes begin to brown and the cheese toasted up a little for some crunch.  Remove from the oven and serve immediately.



1 comment:

  1. that looks like a good change up from always frying potatoes, I will have to try that sometime

    ReplyDelete