Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Seasoned Salt/Spice Blend for Vegetables, Burgers and More!

I had planned on turkey burgers and sweet potato fries last night for supper.  Sometimes SPF leave me disappointed.  I can never get the crisp texture I crave or the seasoning just so.  But last night, I kept mixing and stirring and adding and whisking and came up with a great topping to shake on those fries and the burgers.  Store in a spare salt shaker or cheese shaker.  You know the kind.  The ones they have at pizza joints with the red pepper flakes or fake Parmesan cheese? I had an extra one of those and it worked great.

In a small bowl, whisk together the following:

2 T. chili powder
2 T. granulated garlic
2 T. ground cumin
2 T. sea salt
1 T. ground black pepper
1 t. onion powder
1/2 t. cayenne pepper (or more to your taste)



No comments:

Post a Comment