Friday, May 9, 2014

Blue Cheese Burgers



My love of blue cheese only manifested itself a year or so ago. I don't think I had the opportunity of eating any really well crafted blue cheese until then. Now, I believe I could become obsessed with different kinds with no encouragement.

These burgers were delicious alongside the vibrant wedge salad with, what else? blue cheese dressing.

1.5 pounds ground chuck
salt
pepper
blue cheese
kaiser rolls

See? No special seasoning. No exotic ingredients. Just a cast iron skillet and a woman with a dream.  

Divide the ground chuck into four burgers. Set aside.

Heat a cast iron skillet on high heat until you can feel the heat with your hand when you hold it over the skillet at about 3 inches.

Sprinkle a layer of salt into the bottom of the skillet. Add the burgers. Lower heat to medium high.

Cook until desired done-ness. Add crumbled blue cheese on top of burgers and let melt. Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment