Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Palace Cafe, New Orleans, Louisiana

I had a lovely lunch today with my daughter in law, new grandson and a very dear friend at Palace Cafe.  I had never been before and was so glad to share this new experience with loved ones. 



From the moment we walked in, we were treated as if we had been there many times before.  We were promptly seated and almost immediately water, bread and butter were placed on the table. 

I selected their special Watermelon Tea as my lunch time beverage.  Cool, refreshing, tasting of watermelon and very sweet.  It was delightful!


I started with the Caesar Salad and chose the option of having fried oysters added.  As you know, I enjoy oysters in every form.  These were quite simply the best friend oysters I've ever eaten.  Anywhere.  Kudos to the oyster fryer at Palace Cafe today!


During the summer months, Palace Cafe offers a summertime menu.  And, as soon as learned what today's special was, I knew that was my selection.  Pulled pork with a strawberry BBQ Sauce with Creole Coleslaw.  Two slices of watermelon rounded out the dish.  The pork was perfectly cooked and shredded.  The BBQ sauce was not overpowering in the least and the sweetness from the strawberries was a perfect accompaniment.  The coleslaw was cool, crunchy and had a nice "zing."  A gorgeous and delicious lunch.


And here are some interior shots of this beautiful restaurant.





No comments:

Post a Comment